Patients recovering from stroke or traumatic brain injuries, or those coping with degenerative neurological diseases, laryngectomies, voice disorders, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS and tracheotomies, may benefit from CoxHealth’s speech, language and hearing services.
Our team works to help you achieve the highest level of function you can. We’ll evaluate and treat your communication, hearing, cognitive or swallowing disorder, and can provide specialized services including augmentative/alternative communication devices and computer-enhanced therapy.
Services provided include:
- Audiological evaluations and hearing screenings, including infant hearing screenings
- Lee Silverman voice technique
- Laryngeal videostroboscopy
- Modified barium swallow evaluations (MBS)
- Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES)
- Evaluation and treatment of receptive and expressive language disorders, articulatory and motor speech disorders, voice impairments, paradoxical vocal cord dysfunction, fluency disorders, cognitive deficits, and effects of head and neck cancers.