Come for great training. Stay for your dream job.
At CoxHealth, our dynamic Graduate Nurse Residency Program in Springfield, Mo., Branson, Mo., and Monett, Mo. offers you the support and structure you need to transition to your new role.
We combine the delivery of quality patient and family care with your growth as a professional nurse. Nurses in our residency program develop and enhance their skills in a controlled atmosphere of progressive responsibility with the assistance of a peer mentor, clinical educator and nurse manager. Our unit-based preceptors and nurse educators are present on every unit, every shift - so support is always near.
Extensive lab and classroom training lasts 12-24 weeks, followed by monthly education sessions that address leadership, patient outcomes, evidence-based practice, critical thinking and professionalism. Residencies begin in June and January of each year, with a comprehensive orientation that lasts 12 weeks - 6 months, depending on your area of hire. As a graduate nurse resident at CoxHealth, your classroom instruction will be tailored to the unit you're working on, and designed to increase your knowledge base and confidence. Your clinical educators and nurse managers are frequently available to talk with you about your interests and to answer your questions, and a clinical nurse specialist is available to provide support, guidance and oversight during your first full year as an RN.
How the program works
During your residency you are paid as an RN, and you’ll work the full-time schedule of your peer mentor. Class time is considered in your schedule, and you’ll be provided with a schedule of classes and clinical shifts.
As part of the Graduate Nurse Residency program, CoxHealth offers multiple incentives for nurses, including:
- A sign on bonus up to $2,000, for eligible departments
- Relocation paid up to $3,000
- Loan forgiveness up to $10,000
- RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $10,000
- Up to 40 hours of earned time off, upon hire, for eligible departments
- $1 BSN pay
- $1 certification pay
- Up to $5,000 STAR clinical ladder bonus per year
- Shared governance council
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement with employer match
- On-site daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- On-site fitness facilities
- On-site Employee Health services
- Access to the 1906 Employee Store
- 20 percent tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
This program is available at three locations: Springfield, Branson and Monett. Our student nurse recruiter will work with you to identify the best location and unit to fit your needs. Don’t wait to start the process – we can arrange for you to shadow in your desired areas as soon as you become a nursing student.