The CoxHealth Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) provides a formal communication vehicle for patients and families to take an active role in improving the patient experience. The council focuses on discovering what programs and practices represent the most successful patient and family experience within CoxHealth and helps to replicate and share those best practices across the entire community.
These members work in an advisory role to enhance patients and family centered care initiatives, identify new best practices, explore ways to share and replicate best practices, represent the patient and family voice and perspectives by making improvement recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities
PFAC members must meeting the following requirements:
- Attend 10 two-hour meetings throughout the year
- Engage thoughtfully and constructively around the issues and ideas discussed during each session
- Be proactive in driving improvement and bring creative ideas for change
- Be respectful of the unique background and perspective of each member
- Be realistic and mindful of the hospital's budgetary constraints
- Serve as an advocate for the utility, spread and patient engagement of PFAC's
- Provide report back to the PFAC of progress on ongoing projects and any hospital changes of interest to the group
Members are selected based on the following criteria:
- Current experience as a patient, family member, community member, volunteer or CoxHealth employee
- Ability to represent patient care experience
- Willingness to work in an advisory role
- Good listening skills
- Ability to interact well and respect others' perspectives
- Commitment to serve for a two-year term with potential to renew or step down at the end of the term
How to Join
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Patient and Family Advisory Council, apply by filling out the PFAC application.