It is CoxHealth’s policy to conduct all of its business and other practices in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and to act with Integrity, Respect and Compassion in all of our business dealings.
CoxHealth, and its employees, volunteers, medical staff members and Board of Directors have a reputation in the community of being a quality organization; operating in an honest manner; and offering both respect and compassion to those we serve. CoxHealth will protect this reputation and our integrity through the enforcement of its policies and procedures.
The purposes of the CoxHealth (“Cox”) Corporate Compliance Program are to:
- Describe the policies of CoxHealth with respect to certain legal and ethical conduct
- Establish a mechanism to detect, correct and prevent errors that result in violations of the laws and regulations governing health care and violations of CoxHealth policies
- Encourage the members of CoxHealth (employees, volunteers, medical staff, members of the Board of Directors and vendors who do business with Cox) to report any incidents that they, in good faith, believe: 1) could lead to fraud, waste and abuse against federal and state health care programs, 2) could lead to CoxHealth being in violation of the conditions of participation for inclusion in health care programs funded by the state and federal government, 3) could expose CoxHealth (or its members) to penalties for violation(s) of any federal or state health care programs, or are violations of CoxHealth policies
- Promote self-auditing and self-policing of our practices
- Promote voluntary disclosure of violations of laws and regulations
- Establish, monitor and enforce the Code of Conduct of CoxHealth
The Corporate Compliance Program encompasses not only Lester E. Cox Medical Centers, d/b/a CoxHealth, but the following corporate entities of which Lester E. Cox Medical Centers is the sole member or shareholder. Each entity shall have a designated compliance officer and their own written Compliance Plan/Program. Those entities are:
Cox HPS of the Ozarks, Inc.; Cox Health Systems Insurance Company, Inc.; Cox Health Systems HMO, Inc.; Cox HealthPlans, L.L.C.; Cox Monett Hospital, Inc.; CoxHealth Foundation; Medical Developments, Inc., d/b/a Convenient Care Pharmacy; Lester E. Cox Medical Centers encompasses many different locations (Cox South, Cox Walnut Lawn and Cox North), as well as departments such as Regional Services, Ferrell Duncan Clinic, Home Support, and Ozarks Dialysis Services.
This program applies not only to the employees of CoxHealth, but also its Volunteers, Students, Medical Staff, Board of Directors and Vendors doing business with CoxHealth, all referred to as members of CoxHealth. Any reference to “members of CoxHealth” should be considered to include each of these groups.
CoxHealth is committed to doing the RIGHT THING. Our success and future depend on it.