For the fourth year in a row, 2018 resulted in a record-setting year for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth.
Thanks to generous donors, $2,317,026 was raised to help local kids and their families through the purchase of life-saving equipment, need-based financial assistance, education and health care. This is an increase of nearly 20 percent over 2017’s total revenue, the second-highest giving year in CMN Hospitals at CoxHealth’s 32-year history.
“It's incredible to be part of a community that's so giving and supportive," says Tim Siebert, executive director of CMN Hospitals at CoxHealth. “We never want someone to be in situations where they need assistance, but we are so glad to be able to help them when needs arise. We also so appreciate the continual support of the community, as we use the funds raised to support families on an ongoing basis.”
CoxHealth covers all of CMN Hospitals’ operating expenses locally, so 100 percent of all gifts and proceeds help area children. Donations support many efforts that include:
- Special Needs Fund, which offers direct financial assistance for special medical needs that are not covered by private insurance or Medicaid. This includes prosthetics, wheelchairs, leg braces, hearing aids, prescriptions and travel expenses for out-of-town doctor’s appointments.
- Family Care Grants, which provide financial assistance for families whose children have been hospitalized or need specialized therapy.
- Educational programs including Wasted, an anti-drinking and driving campaign; Never Shake a Baby, to prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome; and CARDIAC Kids, a program that identifies area children at risk for developing heart disease or diabetes and teaches them how to live a healthy life. Other educational programs focus on car seat, water and bicycle safety.
- The C.A.R.E. Mobile, a mobile health clinic providing health screenings and immunizations to children who have limited access to health care.
- CoxHealth’s Child Life program, a four-person team dedicated to helping create a sense of normalcy for kids who are hospitalized, thereby aiding the healing process.
- School-based telemedicine, which allows local kids to receive health care at school and get back to class more quickly.
Because contributions to CMN Hospitals at CoxHealth have such a wide impact throughout the community, Siebert encourages individuals and companies to donate.
“It is so appreciated when anyone – either as an individual, or in a group – donates to help kids,” says Siebert. “Every contribution, regardless of its size, makes a difference in families right here in this region.”
In addition to monetary donations, the organization also accepts stocks and bonds, real estate, personal property, life insurance policies, certificates of deposit, retirement funds, as well as bequests from estates.
For more information or to make a donation, call 417-269-5437 or go online to .