CoxHealth is pleased to announce that nine new resident physicians will join the Cox Family Medicine Residency program in 2018. The physicians, representing a variety of medical schools, will serve patients at the Family Medical Care Center.
The 2021 class includes:
- Joe Barnard, DO, AT Still University - Kirksville, MO
- Gabriela Cox, DO, MS, Edward Via - Spartanburg, SC
- Steven James, MD, University of Arkansas - Little Rock
- Karissa Merritt, DO, Liberty University - Lynchburg, VA
- Chris Odehnal, MD, Saint Louis University
- Bjai Rice, DO, AT Still University - Kirksville, MO
- Melany Su, MD, New York University - New York City
- Caleb Tague, MD, MPH, University of Kansas - Kansas City
- Theo Zemanuel, DO, AT Still University - Kirksville, MO
The CoxHealth-based residency program is one-of-a-kind in the Springfield area. Established in 1987, the program helps fill both a local and nationwide need for Family Medicine physicians. It also helps physicians develop the diverse skills necessary to thrive in any practice setting, and gain substantial experience in maternity care and inpatient training.