CoxHealth is seeking a full-time palliative medicine physician to join our growing team. This physician will work with the inpatient team to provide a consultative practice lead and further develop the palliative care program. This position requires flexibility due to the growth and development of the program.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Attend palliative care team meetings
- Serve as attending physician for patients
- Work towards developing inpatient hospice bed coverage model
- Complete patient related administrative duties
- Work with palliative care team to develop a 24/7 coverage model
- Provide inpatient consults
- Have the opportunity to teach medical students and residents
- Candidate should be BC/BE in hospice and palliative medicine.
Our employed physicians receive a competitive salary and benefits, including a generous annual CME allowance and paid interview.
Our health system includes five hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multi-specialty clinic physician group offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All five hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named five times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Southwest Missouri offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community - and Springfield is at the heart of it all.