If you need an ambulance for any reason, dial 911.
CoxHealth Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is the region's largest private, hospital-based, not-for-profit EMS provider. We provide coverage to all or part of six counties in southwest Missouri. Our ambulances are staffed with licensed paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and advanced EMTs. These highly trained professionals provide advanced emergency care while transporting patients. CoxHealth EMS transports patients to their hospital of choice. Throughout the greater Springfield area, CoxHealth EMS ambulances routinely transport patients to Level I trauma, cardiovascular and stroke centers. There are more than 225 pre-hospital employees that staff our fleet of ground-based ambulances. The ground-based response system covers the following counties:
- Greene County, with ambulance stations in Springfield and Republic
- Christian County, with ambulance stations in Ozark, Nixa, Sparta and Spokane
- Webster County, with ambulance stations in Marshfield, Seymour and Rogersville
- Douglas County, with an ambulance station in Ava
- Stone County, with an ambulance station in Crane
- Dade County, with ambulance stations in Greenfield and Lockwood
- Float ambulances that provide necessary coverage throughout the CoxHealth EMS system
CoxHealth EMS History and Future
Learn more about the history of CoxHealth EMS and our ongoing efforts to expand our services to meet growing needs.
Communications Dispatch Center
Our centralized communication center is located in Springfield and works with local 911 emergency centers to help send ambulances where they're needed.
EMS Resources for Employees and Trainees
CoxHealth EMS is proud to offer a wide range of educational and training resources for individuals pursuing or considering a career in emergency medical services.