Physician Job Description
The Regional Perinatal Center of CoxHealth, a large integrated health system in Springfield, Missouri, is currently seeking a BE/BC fellowship trained physician in maternal fetal medicine to join a full service practice of three physicians, mid-level providers and experienced staff.
At CoxHealth you can be part of a team that have set the bar in obstetrics, gynecology and maternal fetal medicine.
- Program serves more than 30 counties throughout southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas.
- Since 1986, the hospital has been affiliated with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- Has a level III intensive care nursery (28 bed) staffed by a group of eight neonatologists and five neonatal nurse practitioners with 24/7 in-house coverage.
- The system also provides services via the Cox Air Care program and the Baby Buggy (for newborn emergency transports).
- This highly developed regional referral center delivers over 4,000 babies each year.
- Consult only, with referrals from OB/GYNs throughout the system
- Backing of a full-time, in-house OB Laborist Group
- Predictable call schedule
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Working at CoxHealth
Why the Springfield Area?
Springfield Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.