Medical Student Rotations
Cox Family Medicine Residency hosts third and fourth year medical students for their family medicine rotations. It is an exceptional rotation at an unopposed residency, designed to give you a first-hand look at family medicine and the life of a Cox Family Medicine resident. Springfield is a core site for third and fourth year rotations for MU Springfield Clinical Campus, AT Still University – Kirksville, and Kansas City University. While students from these schools have the opportunity to rotate with Cox FMR and other departments in our health system, students from other schools are also considered for rotation spots within the residency.
- Audition rotations are encouraged for fourth year students who are applying to our program.
- All students must complete a preliminary application and be accepted.
- Fourth year rotations are two weeks in length, and are scheduled from August through January.
- Third year rotations are two, three, or four weeks in length, and are scheduled from February through May.
- We recommend that you apply six to twelve months in advance as the schedule fills quickly.
- There must be an existing affiliation agreement between the residency and the student’s medical school.
- Students will work with a variety of physicians during the rotation. The rotation will include ambulatory medicine in our clinic, inpatient medicine, and OB. Students will attend morning reports, noon conferences, and academic sessions with residents, along with ethics and humanities presentations. (Some of these activities may not occur during a student’s two week rotation.)