Nurse Assistant Training Program Overview
In the CoxHealth Nurse Assistant Training Program, you will be paid for hands-on training in the classroom as well as real-world experience during clinical rotations. This program will provide instruction for basic patient care under the direction and supervision of a clinical educator and nursing staff. During clinical rotations, you may perform duties such as taking vitals, bathing, dressing, moving patients, changing linens and other duties within the scope of practice as directed. While in clinical settings, you will obtain information on patient conditions as requested by nursing staff or the clinical educator and report any changes in patient condition.
Once you graduate the Nurse Assistant Training Program, you will have obtained your Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Certificate. This certification qualifies you to be eligible to apply for any Nurse Assistant I role within CoxHealth. After completing the program, you will also be eligible to sign up for an additional CNA refresher course. This refresher course is currently only offered to Nursing Assistant Training Program graduates. This refresher course allows employees to gain the additional knowledge needed to test for the Missouri CNA exam, furthering your career with CoxHealth.
Who May Apply
- Individuals over the age of 18
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalent
- Desire to provide excellent patient care
How It Works
- Complete the application.
- After a successful interview, you'll be placed in the next available six-week course.
- Once you complete training, we'll help you apply for a nursing assistant position within the system.
After the Program
- Apply for permanent Nurse Assistant positions while attending the training program.
- We have part-time, full-time, day shift, evening shift and night shift positions available.
- Most positions are 12-hour shifts.
- We ask that you work in a permanent Nurse Assistant position for one year before transferring to another position within the system.
Springfield Nurse Assistant Training Program
Get the details for our Springfield Nurse Assistant Training Program.
Learn More about Springfield Nurse Assistant Training Program