CoxHealth seeks an addiction medicine specialist certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine or the American Board of Addiction Medicine to provide care as part of a multidisciplinary team in a longstanding, established outpatient clinic setting at the Center for Addictions.
- Flexible outpatient schedule with no evenings, no weekends and no call
- Well-established clinic serving the community since 984
- Opportunity to directly impact the opioid crisis as the Center expands services to meet the growing needs of the community
- Support from an experienced team of professionals including a medical director, program director, licensed psychologist, licensed therapists, nurses and other staff
- Working at a facility that has enjoyed an outstanding reputation within the addiction treatment community in southwest Missouri for more than 30 years
- Ability to acquire SAMHSA waiver for prescribing buprenorphine to patients with opioid dependence is required
- Experience in a hospital setting treating patients with alcohol withdrawal and familiarity with alcohol withdrawal protocols is preferred
history and physical assessments on all assigned patients
routine medical care and supervision of patients including medication
one hour of group education weekly to patients enrolled in the partial
hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs
weekly clinical staffing with treatment team
consultative services to other physicians in the hospital setting whose
admitted patients present with substance abuse or withdrawal issues
in tandem with medical director of the Center for Addictions to assure coverage
of all patients
outpatient schedule – no evenings, no weekends, no call time
compensation package, including comprehensive benefits package
liability Insurance, occurrence-based coverage
- CME allowance
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Southwest Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.