One in three women suffer from pelvic floor disorder.
CoxHealth Pelvic Health and Wellness is centered around addressing pelvic floor dysfunctions. This term is used to describe the presence of pain, weakness or lack of coordination of the pelvic floor muscles with resulting problems. Many women suffer from pelvic floor disorders and aren't aware of the options available to treat these conditions and improve quality of life.
Pelvic floor disorders may include:
- Pelvic pain/discomfort or pressure
- Involuntary loss of urine
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Bowel dysfunction
- Painful intercourse
- Postpartum muscle weakness
We understand that pelvic floor conditions may be uncomfortable and embarrassing. We offer treatments and therapies to help you regain your confidence and quality of life. We'll meet with you one-on-one to determine the best treatment for you. Treatment options may include but are not limited to:
- Muscle strengthening and coordination improvement
- Exercise program
- Biofeedback therapy for pelvic floor muscles
- Massage therapy
- Electrical stimulation/ultrasound for pain relief
- Tibia nerve stimulation