Early Diagnosis of Lung Cancer Can Save Your Life
Lung cancer is the number one cancer killer in America, and one of the reasons is that it usually does not cause symptoms until it's already advanced. Lung cancer screenings using chest CT scans can detect cancer earlier and help reduce lung cancer deaths. Our team includes accredited, board-certified radiologists, and CoxHealth is the only provider in the area offering these screenings. The program is currently available in Springfield with future plans to expand to Branson.
Are You Eligible?
- Age 55 to 77
- Current smoker or smoker who quit within the past 15 years
- Smoke or used to smoke an average of more than one pack per day over 30 years or two packs per day for 15 years
- No prior history of lung cancer or treatment of other cancer in the past five years
- No symptoms of lung cancer
How the Program Works
- Obtain a referral from your primary care doctor
- In your first visit, a physician will explain the program in detail and answer all your questions
- Once you confirm you want to proceed with the program and are prepared to make a three-year commitment, you will be seen for the initial scan
- Scans will continue annually for a minimum of three years
- Scan results can lead to additional tests, biopsies or surgery
How to Make an Appointment
Talk to your health care provider about a screening. An order is required. Call 417-730-5864 if you have questions.
Most insurance companies, including traditional Medicare and Medicaid, will cover the cost of this screening exam for those who meet eligibility requirements. Contact your insurance company to confirm coverage and any patient responsibility for the charges. If you are a current smoker and would like to receive support in quitting, we also encourage you to participate in our smoking cessation program.