CoxHealth Plaza Hotel offers 30 finely appointed guest rooms for patients of CoxHealth and their families. Conveniently located on the second floor of Wheeler Heart and Vascular Center and connected to Cox Medical Center South, the hotel offers reasonably priced rooms with king, queen and full size beds. Roll-away beds are available for an additional fee.
|Bed Type 1 Queen Bed||Cost $73|
|Bed Type 1 King Bed||Cost $76|
|Bed Type 2 Queen Beds||Cost $78|
|Bed Type 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed with kitchenette||Cost $84|
Cox Plaza Hotel>
Reservations and Payment Methods
Who We Serve
Cox Plaza Hotel serves patients who require ongoing care but do not need to be hospitalized, as well as surgical patients who live a long distance from the hospital, family member of patients, patients who have doctor's appointments and hospital vendors.
CoxHealth Pharmacy is located on the group floor of Wheeler Heart and Vascular Center. The Cox Medical Canter South cafeteria offers hot meals, deli sandwiches, a salad bar, desserts and snacks. All can be enjoyed in the spacious seating area or taken to-go when time is limited. For added convenience, you'll find an ATM located adjacent to the cafeteria.
Additional conveniences include:
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
- Self-service laundry
- Daily maid service
- Kitchenettes in some rooms
- Vending/ice machine
- Cable TV
- Wireless internet access
- Coffee pot
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board
The hotel is located on the second floor of Wheeler Heart and Vascular Center, directly across from Cox Medical Center South via the National Avenue skywalk on the CoxHealth south Springfield campus.
The building's external doors lock at 9 p.m. However, the after hours entrance is available. The hotel desk opens at 5:00 a.m., with an attendant on duty until 2:00 a.m.
Directions From Cox Medical Center South
- From the main hospital lobby, turn left at the first corridor and follow the signs along the hallway to the skywalk.
- At the "Y" in the skywalk, turn left to Wheeler Heart and Vascular Center. The skywalk will take you to the second floor of Wheeler Heart and Vascular Center, where the Cox Plaza Hotel is conveniently located.
- Continue to follow the hallway and take the elevators to the L-level, where you will find the front desk of the hotel.