CoxHealth is expanding virtual access to primary care and specialty providers, allowing many patients to be seen for a variety of health needs from the comfort of their homes.
The services are an expansion of CoxHealth’s current Virtual Visits, through which patients can be seen on-demand for minor illnesses and injuries. This new model of care allows patients to schedule a virtual appointment with specific providers, and is available in the majority of CoxHealth primary care and specialty clinics.
Some examples of how this new service can be utilized include:
- Chronic disease management including for diabetes, hypertension, COPD, asthma, acid reflux and thyroid disease
- Acute care, including back pain, allergies, URI, UTI, sore throat and gastroenteritis
- Mental health, including depressions, ADHD, anxiety and PTSD
- New patient visits for chronic and acute illness
- A variety of wellness exams
- Referrals to specialty providers
Patients are encouraged to call their doctor’s office to see if it’s possible to do their care virtually. New patients can call 269-INFO to be referred to a provider.