Application deadline: Jan. 7
The Resident Matching Program
ASHP contracts with the National Matching Service (NMS) to operate a Resident Matching Program for all ASHP-accredited pharmacy residencies. The Resident Matching Program ensures that each pharmacy residency program will be matched with the preferred individuals who have applied and who have selected the program as an acceptable site in which to train.
To apply for the CoxHealth Residency in Pharmacy Practice, you must sign up for the Resident Matching Program at natmatch.com/ashprmp/reglink.htm.
Applicants for CoxHealth Pharmacy Residencies must be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE®) accredited college of pharmacy or otherwise be eligible for licensure. Applicants must also be registered with the National Resident Matching Program described above. CoxHealth does participate in PhORCAS, the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service, offered via ASHP. For more information on PhORCAS, visit ashp.org/phorcas.
To complete the application process, applicants must:
- Submit a letter of intent via PhORCAS
- Submit a copy of current curriculum vitae via PhORCAS
- Submit a copy of college of pharmacy academic transcripts via PhORCAS
- Submit three letters of recommendation, of which at least two should be professional references via PhORCAS (use of the PhORCAS template for references is preferred)
- For PGY2 programs, one letter must be from the current residency director describing good standing in the PGY1 program
Refer to PhORCAS for CoxHealth Pharmacy Residency Application deadlines.
Applicants will be notified by email of our intent by the end of January. Final selections will be made after on-site interviews have been completed by all applicable candidates. These applicants will be ranked in our order of preference and submitted to the Residency Matching Service. Therefore, it will be necessary to interview all applicable candidates before the end of February to ensure the match is submitted by the March deadline.