22nd Annual Pediatric Conference Details>
Join us for CoxHealth's 22nd Annual Pediatric Conference. We have decided to go virtual again this year! This educational event is designed for all health care professionals who work with children and their families. Topics include: autism, human trafficking, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, technology effects on child development and children’s response to trauma.
0725 - 0730: Welcome/Disclosures
0730 -0800: Linda Terry, MA, CCC-SLP
- Thinking Like a Child: Cognitive Evaluations in Pediatrics
0800 -0900: Kayleigh Stark, BS, CCLS, CPST
- Children's Response to Trauma
0900 -0915: Break
0915 -1015: K. Brain Thompson, Maj(MD), USAF
- Pediatric Trauma Case
1015 -1115: Tracy Stroud, DO
- Advances in the Medical Work up for the Child with Neurodevelopmental Disorders
1115 -1200: Lunch
1200 -1300: Jennifer Sturdivan, MA, LPC
- Stand Against Trafficking
1300 -1400: Katherine Hefner, MD
1400 -1415: Break
1415 -1515: Stephanie Huffman, Ed.D
- Technology and the Effects on Child Development
1515 -1615: Thomas Ferkol, MD
- Changing Cystic Fibrosis
1615-1630: Questions and Answers/Evaluations
We reserve the right to substitute speakers and topics in case of emergency or cancellation.
- CoxHealth Education Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Midwest MSD Provider Approval #MO623-8. 7.75 contact hours.
- This program has been approved by the Arkansas Board of Physical Therapy for 7.5 contact hours (and it is deemed equivalent by the Missouri Board of Healing Arts per 4 CSR 150-3.203-5A.
- The Missouri Board for Respiratory Care has approved this program for 7.75 hours of continuing education credit. The MBRC approval number for this course is 8000054. Licensed respiratory care practitioners are responsible for maintaining their own documentation records of continuing education and should claim only those hours actually spent in the activity.
- This program meets the criteria for category PDU #13 (attending employer-provided continuing education) and Missouri Board of Occupational Therapy per 20 CSR 2205-5 and qualifies as 7.5 contact hours (equivalent to 7.5 NBCOT© Professional Development Units).
- CoxHealth Prehospital Services is an approved provider of continuing education by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Unit of EMS. This activity has been approved for __ contact hours. The Training Center number is 07710C. Credit is pending.
- This program has been approved by CoxHealth for 2 pediatric trauma contact hours for CoxHealth employees in which __ of those contact hours may be used as pediatric trauma contact hours for CoxHealth employees.
Please check back for updated credits as they are approved.
Thomas Ferkol, MD
- Alexis F. Hartmann Professor of Pediatrics, Professor of Cell Biology and Physiology
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Katherine Hefner, MD
- Pediatric Endocrinologist, CoxHealth
Stephanie Huffman, Ed.D
- Department Head of the Reading, Foundations, and Technology Department, Missouri State University
Kayleigh Stark, BS, CCLS, CPST
- Certified Life Specialist, CoxHealth
Tracy Stroud, DO
- Associate Professor Child Health, University of Missouri
Jennifer Sturdivan, MA, LPC
- LPC/Family Therapist for Cox North Inpatient
- CoxHealth Psychological Services
Linda Terry, MA, CCC-SLP
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- CoxHealth, Outpatient Rehabilitation Therapy North
Brain Thompson, Maj(MD), USAF
- Instructor, C-STARS St. Louis
- SSM Health CGCH Assistant Trauma Medical Director
- Assistant Professor, Clinical Educator
- Division of Pediatric Critical Care
- USAF, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Carol Cummings Smothers, RRT
- NICU/Pediatric Respiratory Team Leader
Bridget Gladman, RN, BSN, RNC-MNN
- Enterprise Educator
- Primary Nurse Planner/Conference Coordinator
Mike Ingram, RCP, RRT, NPS
- NICU/Pediatric Respiratory Supervisor
Brittany Perches, RN, BSN, RN-BC
- Pediatric Nurse Manager
Holly Rogers, RN, BSN
- Pediatric Educator
Jacki Roland, RN
- Outreach and Education Coordinator, Trauma Services
Kayleigh Stark, BS, CCLS, CPST, CPMT
- Certified Life Specialist
Kristi Vandeloecht, PTA, GC, CDR, MS
- Clinical Therapist Educator
Refunds and Cancellations
Cancellations received by the date indicated on the program webpage will be entitled to a full refund, less Eventbrite’s fees. Eventbrite registration fees are nonrefundable and vary with each course.
No refunds will be made for cancellations received the day of the activity.
Refunds will be credited back to the same credit card in which the payment was received. If the payment was made in cash or check, the refund will be provided within 4-6 weeks in the form of a check and mailed to the address obtained at the time of registration.
In the event Education Center cancels or reschedules a course, participants are entitled to a full refund or the participant may transfer registration to the next scheduled activity.
CoxHealth is not responsible for travel, hotel, booking fees, or other cancellation fees for registrants when a program is cancelled.
All refunds must be received in writing via email or by calling the Education Center.
CoxHealth Education Center Contact Information:
CoxHealth Education Center
1423 N. Jefferson Ave.
Springfield. MO 65802