Infant massage is one of the best things you can do to bond with your baby.
It can also support your baby’s emotional and physical health. Infant massage has been proven to:
- help release stress and promote relaxation
- promote deeper, calmer sleep
- relieve pain and discomfort due to gas, congestion, colic, stress and teething
- strengthen lung, heart, intestine and immune system function
- enhance neurological development and improve sensory awareness.
Free infant massage classes are available for all expecting parents, and new parents with their infants between 3 weeks of age until they begin crawling. View our calendar for upcoming class times.
Just for NICU parents, we offer the ParentTouch program, free of charge. This program is specifically designed to help parents meet the special needs of their premature child. Classes are held in the NICU. Ask you nurse for more information.