More than 40,000 people die every day in the US due to car crashes, that's over 100 people every day.
(Insert Jacy video)
Distracted and Impaired Driving are some of the most deadly driving behaviors, leading to a large number of crashed and fatalities.
- Distractions are anything that take your eyes off the road, your hands off the wheel or your mind off driving
- It is illegal to drive while distracted, in fact, drivers 21 and under can be ticketed just for having their phone in their hands
- Even simple distractions like eating or talking to passengers can be a devastating mistake behind the wheel
- Drowsy Driving is just as dangerous as driving under the influence and leads to thousands of injuries and fatalities
- At just 18 hours without sleep your brain functions at the same capacity as someone intoxicated to a 0.05 BAC
- The best thing to do when drowsy behind the wheel is to stop and rest, don't rely on caffeine or energy drinks
- The BAC (blood alcohol content) in Missouri is 0.08, though you can still get a DWI if you are under the legal limit