To ensure the health and safety of our members and our staff, we have put in place a number of precautions.
We are excited to be open after months of re purposing our facility for the needs of the community throughout this pandemic. We want to inform you of some of the changes you will experience if you had been with us prior to March 2020.
Please review the policies below. We ask everyone to be respectful of others and be aware that these policies will be strictly enforced. Noncompliance may result in termination of membership.
As we monitor the pandemic in our community, our approach will continue to evolve. If you feel that you are unable to comply with these requests, we will suggest you come back to us at a later time, when, perhaps some of these protocols will have changed.
Due to the initial volumes we anticipate, the best method to communicate will be via email. Please email us at email@example.com for and questions.
Health and Safety Precautions
Regardless of city or county orders, CoxHealth, as a medical institution, will always tend to be cautious. Please respect the business decisions we have made to keep everyone safe. As stated above, if you are not comfortable with these requirements, please come back at a later time.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come in.
- Symptom screening will be required during all open hours.
- Masks are required at all times when you are not actively exercising. For example, masks are required when entering the building, transitioning from equipment to equipment, in the locker rooms and showers, on the pool deck, and exiting the building. Any time you are not actively exercising, you should be properly masked. Face shields are secondary protection to a mask, but they are not a substitute for a mask.
- All of our equipment is distanced six feet or more for your safety. Please respect this six foot perimeter when in the locker rooms, talking with members at our front desk and generally any time the six foot spacing is not defined for you.
- CoxHealth staff perform periodic cleaning of the facilities, both with a disinfectant applied to a cloth and other times with a fogging device. It is your responsibility to clean your equipment, using supplies that are provided, after you have finished using the piece of equipment. You are encouraged to clean equipment prior to exercising for even greater safety, but this is not a requirement.
All former members will be required to complete a new membership contract to reinstate your membership. You are encouraged to complete this prior to coming in for the first time. This will help expedite application process. To get started, complete our online contract or visit the Meyer Center, North and Republic fitness center locations to submit a paper application.
You will also need your drivers license and employment name badge (for all CoxHealth employees and corporate members) as well as one of the following methods of payment:
- Credit card (excluding American Express)
- EFT (Electronic fund transfer for monthly payments) - a voided check or bank verification letter is required for this payment option
- Payroll deduction option is available for employees of select corporations.
- Only members will be allowed access at this time. Family members 12 and older can be on a family membership, but at this time we do not have activities or Kids Club for younger family members.
- Guests are only allowed access with a current member.
- Prospective members are allowed one trial workout after completing the appropriate paperwork and providing a driver’s license.
- Returning members will not have an Administrative fee assessed if they return prior to 2022.
- All Charter members will retain their status if they return prior to 2022.
- Silver Sneakers and Renew Active are the only groups that will not have to complete a new membership application if you were active CoxHealth Fitness Centers member in 2020 or 2021. If you have lost your card, please stop by the front desk for a replacement.
Hours of Operation
Hours will be evaluated as volumes and other facilities and activities return for possible changes. See the Meyer Center location page for details.
Additional offerings will periodically be evaluated for a safe reopening. There is no scheduled return of these offerings, so please base your membership decision on what is available today.
Cardio and strength equipment
All equipment is spaced six feet apart. Please do not occupy equipment while you are resting. Get up, clean equipment and return if not in use.
Running and jogging in the outside lane, walkers on the inner lane. Middle lane is for passing. Please maintain six feet distancing on the track.
Basketball and Raquetball courts are available. Please see the front desk for more information
Locker rooms, including lockers and showers
Showers are recommended to last no longer than five to 10 mins., and there will be markings on the floor for the waiting line.
Lap pool for lap swimming, static exercise and water walking
A schedule of lane availability is posted on our pool door. Only two swimmers are allowed per lane and they must enter opposite ends of the pool. Swimmers may not stop on the same end of the pool to rest, re hydrate, grab gear, etc. Water exercisers should stay in the location that is designated (X marks the spot). Water walkers will use the lane with the steps or the 2nd lane at designated times. Please try to space yourself while walking and do not stop on the same end as another individual. Benches are available for those waiting to gain access to the pool. There is a suggested time limit of 45 mins. for the use of the pool.
Warm water pool
The warm water pool is not available as it is going through a major renovation. We will define times of availability and rules when we are prepared to reopen.
Towel services are available as usual.
Fitness services staff
Appointments for fitness orientations and nutrition consults can be made at the front desk, email to us at the aforementioned email address, or called in. All personal training clients will be required to complete an information form and will be contacted by the Fitness Manager for the initial scheduling. Additional fees do apply for personal training and nutrition consults, but fitness orientations are complimentary.
Classes and social activities
Group exercise classes are available to members. Please stop by the front desk to pick up a schedule. At this time, massage, Kids Club, swim lessons, saunas, steam room and whirlpools are not offered. These activities will be evaluated periodically to be added later.