Have you ever suffered stomach aches and said, "Was it something I ate?"
Food poisoning is caused by bacteria, which can grow and multiply on food when the food is handled in a place that isn’t clean, when it’s stored or cooked improperly, or in some cases when it’s eaten raw. These bacteria make the food go "bad" or spoil, and will make people sick if they eat the spoiled food.
Be smart about how you buy, store, prepare and serve food. Follow these tips to protect your family and guests from food poisoning.