Emergency and Trauma Center at Cox Medical Center South
CoxHealth treats thousands of trauma patients each year. The Cox South Emergency and Trauma Center – one of the largest Emergency departments in Missouri – has 62 beds and is able to care for more than 110,000 patients annually. The center's sophisticated technology includes a high-speed CT scan, reducing the time it takes to acquire high-quality images to diagnose certain conditions. Other features include an on-site lab, state-of-the-art disaster management facilities and an area devoted to patients who need monitoring for 24 hours or less.
CoxHealth has been awarded Level I Trauma Center status by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. This is the highest rank available.
The Level I Difference
- What does access to a Level I Trauma Center mean to you? It means we have everything in place to cover the all the care your or your loved one may need.
- Trauma surgeon on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Operating room dedicated to trauma surgery
- Physicians in more than 20 specialties standing by at all hours
- Established network of ambulances and a medical helicopter
- Three critical care units for our most critically ill patients
- Injury prevention programs to improve the safety of our community
- Research and clinical studies to make sure we’re always offering the latest and most effective treatments
- Trauma Clinic for follow-up appointments with your trauma surgeon after your go home
CoxHealth Trauma Services cares for more than 2,400 patients every year, from Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas. The trauma team provides injury prevention education and outreach education to individuals, groups and hospitals throughout the region.