We now offer a separate track at Jordan Valley Community Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center founded in 2003, to deliver medical services to the Springfield community. Today, JVHC has locations in five Southwest Missouri communities with eight clinics offering medical, dental, behavioral health and optometry services. We are excited about this family medicine track and our partnership with Jordan Valley.
Interested students will apply for and match directly with CoxHealth Family Medicine/Jordan Valley. Two positions per postgraduate year are funded via the Primary Care Training and Enhancement: Residency in Primary Care HRSA grant. We welcome and encourage you to apply for and rank both sites!
What does the CoxHealth Family Medicine/Jordan Valley track offer?
- The same core rotations as the CoxHealth Family Medicine residents, with hospital and specialty rotations based at Cox South
- Ambulatory experience at Missouri’s largest federally qualified health center
- Additional training in treatment of opiate use disorder with medication assisted treatment
- Preparation for care in medically underserved areas with two month-long rotations in rural designated clinics
- Integrated telemedicine in longitudinal care clinics