Physician Job Description
CoxHealth seeks a BC/BE movement disorder neurologist to join an established neurology and movement disorders practice. This group of eight neurologists practice general neurology with sub-specialty care in neuromuscular diseases, epilepsy, sleep, vascular neurology and movement disorders.
These eight neurologists are a part of a Neuroscience team of collaborative neurosurgeons, physiatrists and cognitive specialist providing services to over 1.2 million patients in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas.
Working in a six hospital system, the Neurology Clinic is located at Cox Medical Center South, adjacent to a 644-bed Level 1 stroke and Level 1 trauma center, in Springfield, Missouri.
- Neuroscience team at CoxHealth offers state-of-the-art care for patients with brain and spine disorders
- CoxHealth's neuroscience team members are board-certified and nationally recognized
- CoxHealth offers the region's only National Parkinson Foundation Care Center
- Currently participating in several multi-center trials for Parkinson's disease
- 20 years of experience providing an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care, including social worker, RN, PT/OT, LSVT certified therapies
- Participating in implantation, initial programming and management of deep brain stimulation and intestinal gel delivery pumps for PD
- Neurotoxin therapy of dystonia
- U.S. News and World Report named CoxHealth one of the nation’s Best Regional Hospitals six times, with recognition for high performance in neurology and neurosurgery
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Occurrence-based professional liability insurance.
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Southwest Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.