Physician Job Description
CoxHealth seeks a BC/BE movement disorder neurologist to join an established neurology practice. This group of eight neurologists practice general neurology with subspecialty care in neuromuscular diseases, epilepsy, sleep and vascular neurology. The group provides services to one hospital, Cox Medical Center South, a 644-bed Level 1 stroke and Level 1 trauma center, in Springfield, Missouri. This physician can take part in stroke call and the telestroke services provided by the neurology department.
- Neuroscience team at CoxHealth offers state-of-the-art care for patients with brain and spine diseases, disorders and injuries
- CoxHealth's neuroscience team is nationally recognized and board-certified
- CoxHealth offers the region's only National Parkinson Foundation Care Center
- U.S. News and World Report named CoxHealth one of the nation’s Best Regional Hospitals six times, with recognition for high performance in neurology and neurosurgery
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Occurrence-based professional liability insurance.
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Southwest Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.