Physician Job Description
Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, a 120-provider, multispecialty group in Springfield, Missouri, seeks a BC/BE gyn-oncologist to join an established team providing expert cancer care.
- Department serves only one hospital - CoxHealth Springfield
- Team includes board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians specializing in all phases of cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Specialists in medical oncology, hematology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, neurosurgery and colorectal surgery provide coordinated care
- Weekly multi-disciplinary cancer conferences providing evidence-based treatment plans
- On-site lab and radiology services, infusion services, pharmacy and connection to the hospital via sky bridge
- Access to da Vinci surgical robot
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons as a comprehensive community cancer program
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, life, malpractice, retirement and investment opportunities
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Southwest Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.