Physician Job Description
CoxHealth is seeking a BC/BE endocrinologist to provide inpatient endocrinology care.
- Collaboration with three nurse practitioners and a Diabetes Educator at Cox South Hospital
- Oversight of endocrinology care in hospital setting
- Oversight of relevant order sets and protocols
- Collaboration with Metabolic Support Service (enteral and parenteral nutrition) preferred
- M-F daytime schedule
- Weekend call in rotation with outpatient endocrinologists (currently 1:6 call schedule)
- Competitive starting salary with excellent earning potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation allowance
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Southwest Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.