We strive to collect resources to support the areas of patient care and the professional work and research and education of our physicians, employees and students.
Who May Use our Libraries
CoxHealth physicians, employees, students, patients and their families may use CoxHealth Libraries.Students - It is important for students to realize that part of their educational process is to perform their own literature searches and to retrieve their own materials. As with most academic settings, general direction to research and locating resources is permissible.
Patients & Community - Due to the technical nature of our collection, the following patient-oriented libraries may be more suitable for meeting consumer health information needs:
- Joyce Schwandt Library (The Women's Center)
- Allenbrand Resource Center and Library (Hulston Cancer Center)
- Professional reference librarians are available to assist in obtaining health care information for CoxHealth physicians, employees, students, patients and their families.
- Access to e-books, journals, databases and other electronic resources are available from computers on the Cox network, including the computer labs at Cox College.
- Training in use of library resources, and orientations to the Libraries are available for individuals or groups. Contact us to schedule training appointments.
Literature Searching Services
- Health care professionals may request a literature search for patient care or hospital business.
- Requests may be made by e-mail, telephone or submitted online using the Literature Search Request form.
- A bibliography of applicable resources will be provided. You may request reprints from the bibliography or independently located resources.
- Requests for reprints may be made by mail, e-mail, telephone, or submitted online using either the Journal Article Request form or Book Request form.
- The CoxHealth Libraries will make every attempt to obtain reprints of requested materials. Reprints will be obtained from in-house resources or through Interlibrary Loan.
- Delivery of materials is through e-mail.
- A completed Library User Application must be on file with the Libraries before library services may be used.
- Each request for service must supply the information's intended use. (See Information Needed to Process Request form).
The Libraries comply with U.S. Copyright Laws.