We strive to collect resources to support the areas of patient care and the professional work and research and education of our physicians, employees and students.
Who May Use Library Services
CoxHealth physicians, employees, students, patients and their families may use Library Services.
Patients & Community - Due to the technical nature of our collection, the following patient-oriented libraries may be more suitable for meeting consumer health information needs:
- Joyce Schwandt Library (The Women's Center)
- Allenbrand Resource Center and Library (Hulston Cancer Center)
- Professional reference librarians are available to assist in obtaining health care information for CoxHealth physicians, employees, students, patients and their families.
- Access to e-books, journals, databases and other electronic resources are available from computers on the Cox network, including the computer labs at Cox College.
- Training in use of library resources, and orientations are available for individuals or groups. Contact us to schedule training appointments.
Literature Searching Services
- Health care professionals may request a literature search for patient care or hospital business.
- Requests may be made by e-mail, telephone or submitted online using the Literature Search Request form.
- A bibliography of applicable resources will be provided. You may request reprints from the bibliography or independently located resources.
- Requests for reprints may be made by mail, e-mail, telephone, or submitted online using either the Journal Article Request form or Book Request form.
- Library Services will make every attempt to obtain reprints of requested materials. Reprints will be obtained from in-house resources or through Interlibrary Loan.
- Delivery of materials is through e-mail.
- Each request for service must supply the information's intended use. (See Information Needed to Process Request form).
Library Services complies with U.S. Copyright Laws.
Reviewed: January 2020