COVID-19 symptoms? CoxHealth is offering free* Virtual Visits. Use code: COVID.
*Insurance billed as available. All patient costs waived. Please have your insurance card ready.
Online appointments are available for people ages two years and older. Virtual Visits offers online care through a live, completely confidential video consultation service. It uses a secure online video connection so you can have a private visit with a qualified CoxHealth medical professional. If you have a computer, smartphone or other mobile device, you can have an appointment.
What do I do if I have symptoms?
- If you are sick with traditional cold and flu symptoms such as a fever and cough, stay at home and care for yourself as you usually would. If needed, use Virtual Visits. Virtual Visits are currently FREE to those with symptoms of COVID-19 using code: COVID.
- Along with fever, cough or shortness of breath, COVID-19 symptoms may include chills, sore throat, headache, muscle aches and loss of taste or smell.
- If you have flu symptoms and are in the high-risk category described above, call your primary care physician to discuss your illness.
- If you are experiencing emergency warning signs of COVID-19, including: difficulty breathing or shortness of breath; persistent pain or pressure in the chest; new confusion or inability to arouse; bluish lips or face; report to an emergency room.
- For more information about what to do if you are sick with COVID-19, view this CDC fact sheet.
Am I considered high-risk?
In regard to COVID-19, people considered high risk include:
- Adults over the age of 60
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, lung disease and cancer
A chronic medical condition in this scenario would include any condition that lasts more than six months and limits daily activities or requires ongoing monitoring or treatment.