Cox College, an affiliate of CoxHealth located in Springfield, MO is seeking a Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). The single purpose college with an enrollment of 825 students enrolled in nursing and health science programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Cox College has a rich history dating back to 1907. It is regionally accredited and has multiple program specific accreditations. Over the past 5 years the college has experienced significant growth in programs and enrollment while maintaining quality outcomes. For additional information regarding the college go to www.coxcollege.edu.
The VPAA is responsible to the President and the Cox College Board of Trustees for oversight of all academic activities, institutional effectiveness, policy development, accreditation and regulatory processes, departmental budgets, financial resources and academic personnel. The Vice-President for Academic Affairs assures the integrity of academic programs and encourages excellence in teaching and learning.
Responsibilities of the Vice President for Academic Affairs will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with the President and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to oversee the operations of the College
- Provide comprehensive leadership and coordination of the academic departments and programs within the college.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with leaders within CoxHealth and community organizations or groups.
- Establish an environment that encourages scholarly work and quality research.
- Establish a framework for best practice in teaching and learning programs and methodologies.
- Collaborate with the Institutional Effectiveness Committee and the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement the institutional effectiveness and academic assessment plans.
- Implement and monitor program assessment, development of partnerships among internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree in one of the health science disciplines or a field related to the work at hand.
- Successful administrative experience at the collegiate level or the equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of the tools and processes needed for institutional effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent rapport with other leaders.
- Teaching and research experience.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Courage to embrace change in the ever-evolving world of higher education.
- Willingness to engage in the Core Values of the College
Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and complete the application at CoxHealth.com/jobs or click here. Review of applications will begin on November 13, 2012. To ensure full review of the application materials, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date.