The BSDI Interprofessional Leadership (IPL) specialty is designed for students with a background in Diagnostic Imaging seeking healthcare leadership training. Admission to this track requires primary ARRT or ARDMS credentials. Much of the core curriculum and general education requirements closely resemble the requirements of the other BSDI specialty tracks.
The BSDI-IPL specialty is designed with 44 general education credits, 32 ASR transfer credits, 27 credits from the BSDI core curriculum, and 22 IPL specialty courses. The BSDI-IPL track requires 125 total credits. Students already primary credentialed in radiography or sonography complete only 19 general education courses, 27 BSDI core curriculum courses, and 22 IPL specialty courses.
The BSDI-IPL specialty track provides interprofessional leadership skills to students from a diagnostic imaging background. Students earning the BSDI-IPL degree should leave this program with a working knowledge of the many facets of healthcare delivery systems, interdepartmental relationships, and the special management skills necessary to lead these diverse organizations.
To this end, the curriculum for the BSDI-IPL specialty includes a collection of courses and educators from several healthcare professions, including: billing and coding, radiography, specialty diagnostic imaging, medical assisting, nursing, nursing education, and nurse management.
To be eligible for admission into the BSDI Interprofessional Leadership, a candidate must meet the following conditions:
- Complete the admissions procedure for Cox College.
- Complete and submit program specific BSDI application.
- IPL specialty students may enter the program in any semester. Applications due April 30 or November 15.
- Application to the BSDI requires submission of all college transcripts and a current ARRT/ARDMS card.
- Successful completion of Associate of Science in Radiography (ASR) or related field (contact college for details).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in ASR program or related degree.
- ARRT primary registry complete prior to entry into the BSDI program.
The BSDI Interprofessional Leadership Track includes the following:
Healthcare Delivery Systems
Health System Information Management
Medical Billing and Insurance
Theories and Research in Nursing and Allied Health
Leadership in Healthcare and Allied Health Education
Health Care Research Concepts
Human Resource Management
Financial Strategies in Health Care Management