Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) Program
Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the use of sound waves to generate images for the assessment and diagnosis of medical conditions.
This is an 18-month training program. The curriculum consists of formal didactic courses, simulated labs and intensive clinical training.
Advanced Placement Options
Applicants with previous experience in the field of sonography, in an educational system not approved by the JRC-DMS or in an on the job training situation will not be granted advanced standing in the program. Students from JRC-DMS approved programs of Diagnostic Medical Sonography seeking transfer must satisfy all of the requirements of a regular applicant. An updated transcript and a letter of recommendation from the director of the current program must be mailed to the Cox College Admissions office. Consideration for transfer will be granted on an individual basis.
Application and Admissions
Applicants must be:
- Registered radiologic technologists or registry-eligible with successful completion of the ARRT radiologic technology registry prior to the program start date or unrestricted licensed.
- Registered Nurse or registry eligible at time of application (must pass exam and become licensed prior to program start date) with completion of a general or radiologic physics course.
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College DMS Program, the applicant must:
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:
1423 N. Jefferson Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
- $8,912 tuition for the 18-month program
- Students purchase required text and/or review books.
*Program tuition prices are subject to annual tuition increases.
** Program fees include tuition and clinical education fees only. Additional fees apply.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Echo Extension program has been programmatically reviewed and approved by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS) 6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500, Ellicott City, MD 21043, 443-973-5251, firstname.lastname@example.org, in general, vascular and cardiovascular and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation (CAAHEP) 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, 727-210-2350, email@example.com in general, vascular and cardiovascular.