All students with verified disabilities must provide to the Section 504 coordinator (417/269-3598) verification of and required accommodations for their disability upon admission to the college. Students who suspect they might have a disability should contact the Section 504 coordinator /Director of Student Services for assistance. The college will allow for implementation of reasonable and appropriate accommodations necessary for participation in the college's programs.
The decision to go to college or return to college is a big step, one that has the potential to change your life.
The Cox College Admissions Department is here to help you along your path as you further your education in health care.
The process of admissions doesn’t have to be hard or confusing. To prove it we will walk you step by step through the process. You will have the opportunity to come and visit the college, meet with an admissions counselor and take in the culture of Cox College.
Cox College Admissions Office: 417/269-3401
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Request information or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox College General Admissions
- Submit a completed Cox College application, along with a non-refundable application fee of $45
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED certificate
- Submit official transcripts from all accredited post-secondary institutions attended. (If you have earned less than 24 college credits, you must also submit your official high school transcript or GED certificate.)
First Time Students
- Official high school transcript or official G.E.D. certificate
- High school cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Composite ACT of 18 or SAT combined score of 860 or higher*
* If you have taken the ACT/SAT over five years ago or have never taken the ACT/SAT you will be required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) examination. Contact Admissions to schedule and to find out the times it is offered.
- Must have passed 12 college hours
- Have a college cumulative GP. or 2.0 or higher
Non-degree seeking students
- Submit a complete Cox College special application
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $15 application
*This application is for those students not seeking a degree from Cox College but would like to take up to 9 credit hours through the College.
Admission to the college does not assure admission into college programs. Program admission refers to enrollment in the discipline-specific courses of each program offered at Cox College. For program specific information please see the program specific webpage.
Top of page