At Cox College, we offer two Continuing Education programs:
Nurse Re-Entry course
Nurse Re-Entry course, formerly known as RN Refresher Course - This course is for nurses who have not recently practiced in an acute health care setting. The course consists of 10 weeks of online didactic work and clinical practicum within a facility of your choosing. The course will be overseen by a Cox College faculty member and the clinical practice is provided under the direction of registered nurse preceptors in acute care settings.
Two days of on campus residency covering online course work, skills checks and high-fidelity simulations. The first will be held at the start of the program, and the second will be held at the completion of the didactic portion of the program.
10 weeks of online didactic work and 100 hours of clinical practicum hours.
Participants must maintain:
- current RN licensure
- current BLS certification for health care provider
- current immunizations: Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, TB Skin Test, Tdap (CoxHealth)
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Complete and submit all didactic and clinical assignments
- Complete the final exam with a 75% or better along with the additional assignments of course grade of 75% or higher
- Submit a complete time sheet for assignment completion
- Attend both campus residencies and complete 80 hours of clinical
Spring - Start January 17th, application deadline January 4th
Fall - Start August 8th, application deadine July 26th.
A non-refundable $45 application fee is due with completed application.
$1,800 covers tuition and acceptance fee. Books and supplies are additional.
Application and payment arrangements must be made by the program deadline.
Payment plans are available.
Americans with Disabilities Act: If you have special needs addressed by this act, please notify us at least two weeks before this offering. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate your needs.
417/269-3401 toll free 866-898-5355
Credit Card Payments, Billing Office
Nurse Assistant - This course is for those looking to gain the education needed to take the Nursing Assistant test and work as a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) or a PCA (Patient Care Assistant).
Course Overview and Cost
A non-refundable $45 application fee is due with completed application. Total cost is $1,600 which includes program tuition and acceptance fee. Books and supplies are additional.
- This 6 week program consists of two days per week in lecture and two days per week in clinical practice.
- Lecture is held on the Cox College campus two days a week from 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Clinicals are held within CoxHealth or an approved clinical site two 10 hour days per week.
- The program prepares you to take the Certified Nursing Assistant test and work as a CNA or PCA.
Spring - Start February 4th, application deadline January 25th
Summer - Start June 10th, application deadline May 31st
Fall - Start October 7th, application deadline September 27th
Students may challenge the Nurse Assistant exam and gain certification as a Nurse Assistant. If you are looking to transfer your certification from another state or have experience in patient care, you may qualify to challenge the exam. If you wish to see if you qualify to challenge the exam, please follow these steps:
- Contact the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, 573/751-6010 to gain approval to challege the exam.
- Complete the CNA program application
- Pay the $110 testing fee
- Submit a copy of the letter from the state stating you want to challenge the exam
- Once the college has received items 2-4, we will contact you to schedule a time to take the exam. You will need to bring the original copy of the letter from the state with you at the time of testing.
For more information, please contact us.
417/269-3401 toll free 866-898-5355