Transfer Course Equivalents
Transfer students are welcome at Cox College, and the College will make every effort to see that all transferable credit is accepted. Credits may be accepted for transfer if these criteria are met:
- The institution at which the credits were earned is accredited by a regional accrediting association or for foreign colleges they must be approved by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
- Students graduating from a foreign college/university are responsible for providing Cox College an English version of the transcript.
Credits are accepted only from an official academic transcript.
- Credits taken at another college and/or university must be a grade of "C" or higher. Except, in core science courses (Anatomy, Physiology, Nutirion, and Microbiology) the average cumulative GPA of the transferred core sciences must be 2.5 or higher.
- Quarter hours will be converted into semester credit hours at the rate of two-thirds of a semester credit hour per quarter hour.
- Semester hours will be accepted for the same number of credit hours taken at the home institution.
- Transfer of general education courses will be evaluated by the General Education Specialist.
- Transfer of program courses must be approved by the Dean of the program.
- Transcripts will be evaluated based upon the program application.
To view the general education transfer course equivalents numbers for colleges in the Springfield area click here. If you have further questions about transfer course please contact our General Education Specialist at 417/269-3401.