Free workshop to teach children how to stay home alone
For immediate release
April 21, 2011
Staying at home alone is a big step for preteens and it is important that you and your child feel prepared for this milestone. That's why CoxHealth offers the "In Charge at Home" workshop for families.
The next "In Charge at Home: Self-Care Skills Family Workshop" will be held 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 4, in Foster Auditorium at Cox South, 3801 S. National Ave.
Designed for children ages 9-12 and their parents, the program covers:
- how to handle phone calls when home alone
- what to do in case of fire, storm or other emergency
- what to do when there is a stranger at the door
- constructive activities to keep busy until mom and dad get home
- basic first aid for minor cuts and scrapes
- how to prepare healthy snacks.
Nurses and child safety experts will present the program, and hands-on activities are included. To register for this free class, click here or call 269-INFO.
CoxHealth Corporate Communications
Phone: 417-269-4113 | Fax: 417-269-5750
After business hours: 417-269-3211