At CoxHealth, we value our employee partners and have several programs to ensure our staff are recognized and rewarded for their outstanding work.
CoxHealth believes we hire the best and we maintain a strong focus on keeping the best. All CoxHealth employees have the ability to transfer to alternate positions within the organization, based on availability and qualifications. The following retention incentives represent a sampling of available resources accessible to our employees.
- Our own retention project manager who works with administration and departmental leadership on how to best retain staff. The retention project manager is also available to all staff for confidential discussion, strategizing and problem solving.
- Clinical ladders for Nursing, Acute Care Therapies, Social Workers, IT and Radiology, offer professional staff several options for career advancement.
- Senior administration hosts regular Employee Forums to keep employee partners informed about financial, business and regulatory developments. There is also time for on-the-spot employee questions for administrators.
- Quarterly meetings are scheduled with EC2 (the Employee Communication Council) and CoxHealth senior leadership. Comprised of all departmental staff Champions, these communication sessions further reinforce our commitment to be transparent with all employee partners and keep our staff informed.
- Red Ribbon Reunion is a bi-monthly celebration and informal get together for all 90-day employees and Talent Acquisition personnel. Designed with a party atmosphere, the Red Ribbon Reunion is a fun and informal event for our newest employee partners to share the positive things about their orientation process as well as any aspects they believe could be improved. Their comments are the basis for Leadership Development programs and ensure continuous, timely and relevant on-boarding for new staff.
- Shared Leadership: system-wide councils, chaired by staff RNs, address issues pertinent to bedside practice. Councils and sub-committees are comprised of staff nurses, educators, nursing leaders and ancillary personnel such as pharmacy and respiratory therapy.
- Magnet Status: CoxHealth has officially launched a journey to earn Magnet designation. This represents best practice and will validate our excellent working environment for all levels of employee partners and the best possible care for our patients and their families.
- We Want To Know is our annual employee opinion survey for all employees. Senior leaders make plans for improvement from survey feedback. We've made significant changes to benefits and communication practices based on honest opinions from our staff.
- Bright Ideas Program: Employees submit suggestions for improved practices or cost containment measures. Names are drawn for monetary prizes at a monthly cake and punch reception attended by administrative leaders.
- New Nurse Luncheon: Nurses are invited to meet and interact with the CNO and VP of Human Resources, as well as the nurse recruiters, while enjoying a gourmet lunch. It's an ideal occasion for asking questions and learning the inner-workings and opportunities of nursing at CoxHealth.
- Annual Employee Service Award Banquet
- Fall Fest (Employee & Family Picnic)
- Additional employee celebrations include National Nurses' Day and Hospital Week
- Florence Nightingale Memorial Award: Complete a nomination form to celebrate those nurses who make a difference through caring, leadership, and community involvement. The form may be copied and distributed to anyone who expresses appreciation for nurses.
- CoxHealth also enjoys a wide range of community partner support -- many local merchants offer discounts for CoxHealth employees.
PARTNERS Spirit: Employee Recognition Program
A formal employee recognition program based on our PARTNERS values:
- Positive Attitude
- No Excuses
The PARTNERS Spirit award is recognition for an employee, volunteer or student who has made a significant contribution to the benefit of CoxHealth, an individual or the community.
Prestigious Partner Award
Public recognition, including video presentation at annual Employee Recognition Banquet. Award includes a trip, a cash incentive, a crystal gift and other recognition for those PARTNERS Spirit award winners who demonstrated extraordinary service or intervention for a patient, family or co-worker.
DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
The DAISY Award For Extraordinary Nurses was created to say thank you to the nurses deserving of our respect and recognition for the education, training, skill and compassion put into their work everyday.
Top of page